As if being stung by thousands of bees wasn’t already bad enough, he was abandoned at a shelter after the incident by his family.
The deaf Pit Bull arrived at the shelter covered with life-threatening blisters all over his body. Rescuers later named him Stinger.
They intended to euthanize the dog because they couldn’t treat him.
At that point, Carri Shipaila, owner of LuvnPupz Rescue in Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan, intervened to provide assistance. As soon as she learned about Stinger, she jumped in her car and drove nearly an hour to pick him up from the shelter.
She instantly started working to save Stinger’s life when his family, unfortunately, refused to take him. They treated his stings, a later skin infection, and sarcoptic mange.
Regrettably, he ended up developing the autoimmune disease Pemphigus, which will affect him for the rest of his life.
Due to the high costs of his care, he will never be available for adoption. However, he did find a loving forever home with a foster and will continue to receive care and therapy through LuvnPupz.
Since being abandoned at the shelter, Stinger has come a long way. His excruciating blisters are now healed, and he wears a stunning white coat.
He is thriving in his new life with his loving home and is such a happy, affectionate dog!